Saturday, January 16, 2010

What does it mean to be a "slave of righteousness"? (Romans 6)

Someone wanted to know on Facebook, I thought I'd copy and paste what I wrote here:

To be a "slave of righteousness" means that even when you sin you're a slave man, you're still righteous, no matter what bad things you do! I know that scares people, but don't worry about the effect it'll have on people if they believe this, because right believing will always lead to right living.

When you were a sinner did you do righteous acts? Yes, but it didn't change your standing with God. You were still a sinner! You were still in the prison of sin even though you did good things. No matter what righteous things you did, you were a "slave of sin."

Now look at the flip side. As a righteous person, you are now a "slave of righteousness." A prisoner of righteousness! Even when you sin, you are still RIGHTEOUS! You're a SLAVE of righteousness now! Sorry slave! hehehe.

When a caterpillar becomes a butterfly, its nature changes. Even if the butterfly falls into the dirt like a worm, it doesn't "un-butterfly" and become a worm again. Eventually, the butterfly will want to fly out of the dirt anyway because it's not his nature to be in the dirt. I think you see where I'm going with that analogy. "

Adam put us in the prison of sin. The Last Adam, Jesus Christ, put us in the prison of righteousness! Too good news!

5 comments:

  1. the nature of man does not change just like animals though he maybe discipline, just like animals. your illusionary doctrine will only turn people into hypocrites and even deaf to correction or reprimand.

    the church has got the doctrine of SIN wrong which explains the silly and idiotic doctrine of salvation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anonymous voice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word Aaron and so true. We are new creatures (2Cor 5:17) and we have died with Him and been raised to new life:

    Rom 6:4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

    And now we live by the faith of Him, as He lives in us and through us or as Paul says

    Gal 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved the illustration of butterfly. Change of nature is difficult but always a possibility...

      Delete
  4. For Anonymous,

    I would like to hear your thoughts and ideas.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are not moderated. Please be gracious. If this is private, feel free to email me at apchouravong@gmail.com.